What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Send plant a kiss a plant project

I just realised what the "guyatoo" thing is.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Joe

Don't listen to PAK saying dont listen to me, just listen to me!  I have NOT lost my mind, not really, I just can't remember where I put it down last - probably next to my wallet, but lets forget all that!  PAK is way too unperposterous, unassuming, and unpushy which is why her plant shelves are bare and her grow room has echos in it.  She needs someone with a silver tongue to wheedle CP gems for her, that's obvious by all this denial of repressed plant lust.  It ain't healthy folks!  I fear for her sanity if this starvation continues.

I liked the guyatoo reference, Suzanne!  I must be getting thick and slow since that one flew right over my head!  Such wit surely deserves reward, so fling a ping her way or something.  She's going to tell you not to, but don't listen.  She pines.  She wilts for want of lethal herbage.

She's been working her butt off for the CP community non-stop for years as one of the first Mods on this Forum.  The personal attention she has given to all her fans (thats you, bucko) via PM's is only a small part of the expression of her love for these plants and this community.  Anyone get the Meadowview Newsletter?  Guess who donated her talents (free of charge) to put out the latest quality editions: hours of labor!!! - and did she get a treasure trove of Sarracenia for her efforts on their behalf?  She did not.  She never even asked for a single seedling!  Someone (and I am not mentioning any names) had to write and beg a plant for her, if you can believe that!  Lately it has been work and more work for the National Sarracenia Conservancy, setting up the upcoming auction, polls,  protem Secretary work, moral support.... and has she gotten so much as a seed by way of thanks?  Nope.

Are you feeling guilty yet, friends?  You there, standing hip deep in a profoundly plentiful patch of pitcher plants: it's time to besmear yourself with a peaty effort to please!

OK, I am well known for my "rants", and belive me I am just limbering up here: I am on the verge of fire breathing and, and....poetry.  Don't make me resort to that - show her the love and tickle her fancy!  Remember, all donations are tax deductable as long as they dont audit you and they hardly ever do, really.

Just so you know, my finches DO have a lagre flight cage. I would let them out (and sometimes do) but it is a pain tn the butt to get them back in again. Ever tried to catch a small bird by hand ?? If there healthy its almost impossible.

exept for the white one. She just keeps running into the wall
rock.gif

How about a flightless Weka (type of bazar rail)? Cute little buggers, and would take care of any rodents hanging around

The "guyatoo" didn't come by my wit...that was the dang overzealous FILTER replacing a certain unmentionable word.
rock.gif
I would guess you can't say "nice guypit of a plane" either. Now c'mon!

Now now...I'm not as wonderful as Tamlin says. Ok...I worked hard on that newsletter but it wasn't for plants. And I haven't done that much for NASC...at least not yet.

Me don't require plants for thanks. I just enjoy doing a LITTLE something for the community and friends.
smile.gif
Such a nice group of folks here.

Y'all just donate plants and stuff to the NASC auction.
smile.gif

Code:

Back