What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seen this before?

CP30

A Cajun(isc) Carnivore
DfiliformisWS.jpg

Please help me figure out what is going on with my filiformis ssp. filiformis "Florida Giant" in the background. I just noticed that it appears that my plants are suffering from split ends. I have not seen this happen during the previous 2 seasons, but I may have missed it last year somehow. These are not seedlings, they are from hibernacula. Ideas?
filiformis3WS.jpg
filiformis2WS.jpg

sorry for the fuzzy shots, but I could not get the wind to cease! go figure!

I can't say from experience becuz I've never grown one of these kind of sundews but from the look of it, it looks fine. It looks like it's just branching off and growing another arm. Could be a mutation, not sure. But it definately doesn't look like the plant is being harmed by this.

I think it is a mutation, because D.filiformis don't split. Just one long vertical leave

The photo on the left looks like 2 different leaves stuck together. A little trick photography perhaps?

"GASP! The Drosera filliformis evolved into... DROSERA BINATA!" GASP!

It really is NOT trick photography, it IS weird. It is almost like they need a good trim and shampoo to fix the split ends.... Any other good thoughts?

Yeah, it looks like a binata!

maybe it's like utrics when certain leaves are split. (which is like a developmental type of thing, not a mutation.)
are ALL of the leaves like that? the two pics appear to be of the same leaf.

Back