What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seedling problems

I planted 3 seeds (all I have) over a month ago and none have sprouted. Should I put them in the fridge? If so for how long? Should I just put the entire pot into the fridge? Should I just wait another 8 months?
confused.gif

How fresh were the seeds when you sowed them? That will have a bearing on how long it takes for them to germinate.

I had VFT seeds germinate in 10 day s (thanks Wildbill&#33
wink.gif
, but they were REALLY fresh.

Not very fresh. I didn't even notice I had seeds till about 2 months after looking closer. I think I'm just going to hold tight. Putting them in the fridge after having them in the sun will probably only confuse the seeds.
confused.gif

Don't give up.
tounge.gif
You have two choices really. You can ride it out and hope they germinate. It could take a while. Sometimes it really does take a long time. Or when it's cooler outside, you can just put them somewhere and forget about them. With the cooler whether coming up they'll get a natural stratification outside.

Usually a seed going through warmth and cool cycles (depending of course on the seed), it notes that the seasons have changed on it's internal clock and sets itself up to germinate. Some are heavy sleepers, some wake up easily.
wink.gif

Back