What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seed Storage

Wesley

God must have an interesting sense of humor
I was browsing a certain site and notice they have a lot of Nep seeds for sale. The site says the seed was collected in the Summer of '09 and has been in refrigeration storage at about 40*F. I remember reading somewhere that storing Nepenthes seed in the refrigerator is a big no-no. Is that a definite no-no or is storage at that temperature safe?

The site says the seed was collected in the Summer of '09 and has been in refrigeration storage at about 40*F.
There's been someone posting seed of many different species of CP with this same informational tidbit & typically calling the seed 'fresh'. One of the species he's selling is U. nelumbifolia with those same descriptors. U. nelumbifolia seed from last summer can in no way be considered 'fresh'. The fact that he makes this statement for this species casts aspersions on his credibility for the remainder of his offerings imho. Caveat emptor.

I was suspicious of most of his offerings. He had a nice selection, but it's a moot point if nothing is ever going to germinate.

Back