What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seed question

If u overwater seed, and it sinks into the substrate, will it still germinate, or will it die?
i over watered all my seeds, and only the VFT, and some neps seeds are doing well, but the small seeds i sowed, like p.ioantha and u.multifida arent doing so well (only a few p.ioanthas germinated, no u.multifida seed did tho...)
Thanks in advanced, Hellz

Heh heh I once almost drowned my seeds with the mister! It overflowed, but I saved the seeds floating on the surface of the water. I think if the seed is buried only a little below soil surface then it would be able to push itself out with its food store, but deep in wouldn't help. Maybe you have to layer out the soil and then see if any buried seed would germinate from there (thin soil level). I've had this problem tons o' times b4 dude, you just have to do like the above or keep the pot for a while longer as the seedlings usually take longer to push out of the soil - and remember not to do it again!
smile_n_32.gif

If anyone wants to try an experiment about what level cp seeds can still germinate under then you're welcome to do so, I ain't wating any of my precious seeds!
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

Back