What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seed grown sibling variation.

Gotta love it.

N. mirabilis

mirabilissg01.jpg

N. gracilis

gracilissg01.jpg

Feel free to contribute pics illustrating sibling variation in your seed grown plants!

Spotted N. gracilis! Cool!

When my seeds get here and (hopefully) germinate, I'll post some pictures.

Is it me, or does the spotted N. gracilis look like a smiling lizard?

Hehe. Where the lid is still attached to the pitcher, it looks like a smile. And with the shape and color of the pitcher, it looks like a lizard or some amphibious looking creature...but that's just me. LOL.

I don't know how I missed it, but here's a plant with fuzzy pitchers from the same batch of N. gracilis:

gracilissg02.jpg

Excellent seed variety, wish I could remember who I got them from so I could thank them. :bigthumpup:

PS. I went outside this morning and saw the heavily speckled N. gracilis is starting to flower. Its too soon to tell the sex, but I'm hoping its female since I already have 4 different males blooming.

sweet!!! seed grown plants are the best. Nice job! ;)

here are mine. they are varying in size shape and color for each of the crosses.
Blue: splendiana x truncata
Green: splendiana x 'Judith Finn'
Red: [thorelii x (stenophylla x lowii)] x Mixta
Brown:[thorelii x (stenophylla x lowii)] x (stenophylla x veitchii) (only one plant left)
102_0082-1.jpg

Alex

Back