What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seed giveaway

DJ57

I am a CPaholic...
:-D SASE Scarlet Belle seed giveaway after sorry attempt at trading...learning curve. I have 5 packets, 15+ seeds each packet. First 5 PMs to respond.

This is a self-pollinated hybrid, not mixed with another CP, so viability not guaranteed. Seed harvested recently this year and refrigerated. It's a crap shoot what these will look like, but interesting to see. I know it is not much of a give-away, but gotta start somewhere. Hopefully next year I will have something more substantial 'cause I love sharing my seeds/plants with those who appreciate them as much as I do.

This is my first TF public giveaway, so feel free to slam, um educate, me if I am screwing it up...but be gentle (that time of month).

I will send address to send SASE to the first 5 to respond. US ONLY PLEASE

Last edited:
SASE

Sending pm now, thanks.

PM with address sent to Fdfederation; riceman; James Hall; and Dione

Received the seeds today. Thank you! :hail:

Mine came too. Thank you very much!

DJ, where in/near Portland are you located? I'm in the Hollywood District.

:-D I am about 20 miles west of you in Forest Grove. We have probably bumped into each other at the Saturday Market CP booth and at the local CP nursery open houses? I see they are having another open house in December, but don't know if I will go...burrr.

Another open house?? :D
I went to both the August and November open houses this year. Always such beautiful plants

umm... I had no idea they were having another open house..

seeds

If u have any seeds left wanna trade? Sarracenia purpurea for your scarlet bell

Yeah, it is not advertized on the website home page, I saw it when looking at their calendar to see when they will be at Saturday Market around x-mas, but it does not look like they will be there this year in December. :-( because all they have on the calendar is the open house.

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

If u have any seeds left wanna trade? Sarracenia purpurea for your scarlet bell

:-D Yeah, I have some left, but not sure a fair trade for purpurea when I don't know the viability of the seed since it is a self-pollinated hybred. I do have cape sundew and filiformis plants and seed and some Dente flytraps to throw in with the sarr seed for a purpurea venosa?

They are all really healthy looking seeds. They still need to be stratified and if stratified for 8 weeks then germination rates are only 80 to 90 percen sometimes it'll take up to 6 months for a seedling to grow. I get some straglers sometimes so I have learned to start seedlings in a huge container and not transfer until 1 2 yrs into growing them. Ill trade a packet of 50 seeds if ya wan80 percent out 50 seeds is still around 40 plants.

They are all really healthy looking seeds. They still need to be stratified and if stratified for 8 weeks then germination rates are only 80 to 90 percen sometimes it'll take up to 6 months for a seedling to grow. I get some straglers sometimes so I have learned to start seedlings in a huge container and not transfer until 1 2 yrs into growing them. Ill trade a packet of 50 seeds if ya wan80 percent out 50 seeds is still around 40 plants.

I live in an area where nature does the stratifying for me, I just put the seed into the bog or a large pot and leave outside for the winter and they germinate and sprout in the spring. This year I had near 100% germination on Darlingtonia seed that way. PM or email me and see what we can work out. :-D

Back