What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Second post

• Thread starter machete
  • Start date
DSC00055%20(Small).JPG

Green tree python

WOW! is that yours? It sure is a beautiful herp!

Gorgeous...just gorgeous. Is it still a neonate? Where did you get?

DSC00095w.jpg

Its about a year and a half. Yes its mine, it came from a pair that I had sold to a friend. Its one of their offspring.
thanks for the compliments.

Stunning! How is it temper wise? I have heard they can be pretty foul, but have not been able to find an actual owner to ask.

Tame as a kitten. Some of those stories about these guys being so nasty are true. Those animals were either wild caught (I would be pissed too) or from a region called Biak.
I will post some pics of some of my other snakes that are VERY high spirited.

im guessing yours is CB than. Was it difficult to get it to feed on mice, or was it natural for it? I have seen tree boas go on sale for like $30 (IRBA show), but im guessing a green tree python will be more (rarer than emerald tree boas right?)

Yes, CB. Not difficult at all. Takes the mice right off the forceps (i only feed it pre-killed mice).
Much more than $30 dollars. They are not really rare, just need more experience with these guys.

Back