What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Searching u. humboldtii

Colieo

Staff member
Hey everyone,

I used to grow this great utric, but while I was on vacation this summer, all my humboldtii pots were allowed to dry out, and did not make it. I am looking for any U.humboldtii materials- seeds, cuttings, ect.- to try and get this plant established in my collection again. I have several CPs available for trade, even some non-CPs. Let me know if you are interested, PM or respond here.

Thanks
smile.gif

Cole

Philcula posted here just recently that he had some U. humboldtii seed for trade. I think he was looking for roridula seed in return.

Unfortunately, not a lot of people have rodridula, or U. hoboldtii for that matter.  I am surprised more people don't have this plant, as humboldtii is unbelievably simple to propogate, particularly by seed.

well Utric seed, especially from any non-annual species, is notoriously short lived. i have also been told U. humboldtii can be difficult to start from a small division and that a large divisin is the best if you can get one. im guessing its a bit like U. nelumbifolia, while alot of ppl can grow it well without much problem, getting it to grow so you can get a good division for trade is a bit more difficult.

I unfortunately don't grow Roridula, so I had to let Philcula's offer pass by. I agree, they are a little tough to get going, Rattler. Just keepin my eye out for the opportunity.

Cole

Back