What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sealand!

Looks like a fun place to be a super-villain. Or make-believe something. Oooh I know, let's make-believe its a sovereign state!

Well It is legal they have their own coins, passports, and such, and are allowed to participate in sports as an individual country.

Oh it's a proper "country" alright. The whole story of the place is actually really fascinating, there's some interesting clips about it on the youtube. It might seem silly, but part of the reason it even exists is due to the fact that laws are not perfect.

I remember hearing about this a number of years ago. A guy I worked with was a specialty "on demand" Docutech printer (mainly those huge/unreadable Senate bills and stuff) and usually didn't have much work so he surfed online all night and would come get me when he found something interesting. Sealand was one thing he'd found. There was whole website about it at the time, perhaps still is?

I've no problem with people setting up their own space to get out from under government and religions control games. Had I the money I'd escape this dying boondocks planet altogether and seek out newer and weirder plant life on distant frontiers.
I hear the Gingelschens on Algol are lovely this time of year! :D

They still need some water slides.... and maybe a tube ride

Quogue- yeah I know, call a place "sealand" and not have endless piles of F U N set up- preposterous!! The waqy it is, they should call it the platform and then nobody would be tricked into going there

Swords- the gingelschens were early this year, but if you hurry you could probably see the fwabble trees in bloom :D

Neato.

That´s pretty interesting, carn. I would like to visit there one day. LOL.

Back