What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scraping ice from windshield

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I discovered that if I fashion a cardboard box to fit atop my windshield (and windows), those cold, clear nights don't require ice scarping. The moisture gets absorbed by the cardboard. I just toss the cardboard in the car and re-use.

Brilliant! I will have to try it out after we get out from under this rain.

That's a good idea. Also, if there's a snowfall, leaving the snow on the windshield until you're ready to go accomplishes the same thing. It's when it's brushed off that the window gets badly iced up.

During a big snow storm in Massachusetts, I walked around the Tufts Vet School campus I noticed something "a bit odd"

Nearly every car had it's windshield wipers lifted up off the windows. At first I thought it was a prank???

Someone explained that it allows the melting water to drain off the warm windshield and prevent the wipers from icing to the windows.

Lived in Massachusetts for 25 years and first I'd heard of it but they were right.

I use to do that, but now I just throw a tarp over all the windows.

Down here in south Ga. the snow comes pre-melted.LOL
biggrin.gif

Jerry

Too bad they haven't discovered that technology up here yet.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (cool85k5 @ Jan. 21 2005,10:34)]Down here in south Ga. the snow comes pre-melted.LOL
biggrin.gif

Jerry
You know you are a Southerner when.....
smile_n_32.gif

LOL @ Jimscott,The last time I was in any real snow is when I was a kid and lived in Germany.

Jerry

Tuesday's Zits:

Jeremy: They sould figure out a way to alter the weather so that it warms up as the week goes on. That way, people could put on five outfits Monday mornings, and just peel one off every day until Friday, when - TAA DAA! - it's 75° and sunny!...*glugs root beer*... I wonder if they'd name it after me...*munches corn flakes*
Hector: I wonder if root beer and corn flakes causes hallucinations.

Back