What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scraggly Ghost Pepper Plant

Vbkid

Getting There...
So I came to my parents house this weekend to see a ghost pepper plant I over wintered isn't doing so hot outside. It has numerous long branches it sprouted this year, but they only seems to grow a small bush of wimpy leaves on the end of the branch. They were fertilized at the beginning of spring, but nothing since then (It is in a large conatiner).
So I'm thinking I should probably fertilize, and maybe spray its leaves with soapy water for any pests.
Any other suggestions? Not sure if pruning back would help or not.
On a side note, my ghost pepper on my porch in Madison is doing fantastic with numerous large peppers in production!

Bumpity:/

Difficult to tell from the photo as to whether or not the leaves are suffering some sort of pest issue. Do you know if you parents' properly hardened off the plant when they put it out? If not, it is possible that the majority of indoor leaves got scorched and were dropped, In which case, what you may be seeing is the smaller new flush of leaves.

Is this one of the ones you are bonsai'ing? A bit of pruning back may not be a bad idea.

...Do you know if you parents' properly hardened off the plant when they put it out? If not, it is possible that the majority of indoor leaves got scorched and were dropped, In which case, what you may be seeing is the smaller new flush of leaves...

I am inclined to agree. Almost all plants hate it when conditions change too rapidly for them to keep up with. If your plant isn't used to the Sun's light, it probably lost most of its leaves.

Back