What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarras vs. sarrs

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
Have you noticed that the folks in the UK refer to Sarracenias as Sarras and over here they are abbreviated as Sarrs? I have also noticed that the use of the word post has two distinct meanings. 1) The questions and answers we write on the forums. and 2) What is being sent via the postal service.

I prefer sarras personally (And I'm American), if only because sarrs sounds a bit too much like a certain nasty respiratory virus
smile_n_32.gif

Well, I just know that I'd take receiving a sarra in the mail over SARS any day!
smile_m_32.gif
Too bad Cynic kinda beat me to the punchline.
smile_n_32.gif

Sarah has SARS... (beside the seashore)
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Sarah has SARS... (beside the seashore)

As soon as I see someone selling SARS shells anywhere, I'll hightail it outta there! Is the SARS joke dead yet?
confused.gif
laugh.gif

Check out CPUK. They all say "Sarra."

Hey! My cousin's name is Sarah! Funny...She's tall & skinny, too.....

I say sarras...I think Sarr sounds harsh. Personal preference I guess...or maybe its my ENGLISH heritage.
smile.gif
Yay Nottingham!
biggrin.gif

I've never noticed it before. It's interesting though! I guess I've always used sarrs since it's shorter than writting sarras.

-buckeye

well they do have a point with the whole sarrs thing, What if the mail man said "hey what are you sending?" It would sound pretty wierd if you said "Oh nothing, just sarrs"
smile_n_32.gif

actually, the cold is reffered to as "Sars", not "Sarrs" (I think)

That is correct.

Back