What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia ????????????????

First , I want to thank everyone who has been so helpful identifying my plants. I have lost MANY tags and am trying to rectify that situation. I know that identifying hybrids is almost impossible .. especially when they are complex, but in those cases I am hoping that someone might make a guess that is close that will jog my memory. With all that being said, I would like to offer yet another S. noid for your viewing /identifying pleasure.

P.S. I am starting a photo growlist to avoid the NoIds in the future.

Snoid-1.jpg

I'm no Sarracenia expert, but I would say that plant has a little purpurea and a lot of flava.

Looks like theres some alata in that one. Its a hybrid and probably no way to ID it. Pretty sarr though.

Definately looks like purpurea with the coloring. It might be flava too looks kinda like it, would be good to see the back of the hood as well.

I have a flava X x"willisii" that looks almost exactly like this plant.

Ask and you shall receive
Definately looks like purpurea with the coloring. It might be flava too looks kinda like it, would be good to see the back of the hood as well.

IMG_20130913_174345_891.jpg

Nicole, there is no way to know its specific parentage for sure, but you can be fairly certain that it is a complex hybrid involving S. purpurea, S. alata and/or S. flava.

It reminds me a lot of the hybrid I have (rubra x oreophila) x purpurea burkii, but a little stouter and smoother lid.

Back