What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia What???

I'm back, and I agree with Tony about the bulge, which implies some purp in the background. The 'tarnoks' are straighter and narrower. Right now we have about half a dozen Tarnoks in flower-big red-orange pom-poms!

Trent

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sarracenia @ Mar. 22 2004,07:22)]In my opinion, it is a pure leuco.  Probably the 'Tarnok' variety, since that's what PFT was giving in the grab bag sale.
yah, that was my origenal reasoning
smile.gif
I don't think PFT would get hybreds out of no where mixed in.

I agree that the coloration looks like Tarnok with that reddish brown veining. SF is growing these plants just a few miles from where I am located, here in Boca Raton. We are in a sub-tropical environment, and sometimes not the easiest for Sarrs. If he got the plant from PetFlyTraps, then it could be a Tarnok. As far as I know, its the only leuco in tc that's commercially available (soon that will change). That one trap has got to be the fattest pitcher I have ever seen produced by a Tarnok. It's almost Judith Hindle in proportions!

Trent

i agree! nice plant!

boy i wish i had ordered that grab bag sale, the day i was ordering they took it off ;[

Yes, now that I look at my sarras, my "Tarnok" is next to my JH, and I confused which was which. Fortunately, I labeled them correctly. (Note: This is why it's always a good idea to label carefully! I always think I'll remember what is what, but I never do.) That looks almost exactly like my Tarnok.

Capslock

I'm hesitantly calling it a 'Tarnok'. But I will wait until it flowers before passing it on a such.

SF
smile.gif

Well 'Tarnok' looks like most any other leuco and they only way to tell the difference is the flowers. Has/is this plant flowering for you? I am inclined to agree that it is a leuco of some type but I would hold off on the 'Tarnok' label until you see the flower.

Nope it hasn't flowered and doesn't look like it will this year (DARN!!). So, it will be at least another year before I get a solid ID.
rock.gif

SF

Back