What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia 'John's Autumnal Splendor' - 6 inch pot (ghse1guy $20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not a Number

Hello, I must be going...
Staff member
Sarracenia 'John's Autumnal Splendor' (Sarracenia jonesii x alabamensis)

IMGP8339.jpg

IMGP8142.jpg

One of John Hummer's creations this cultivar lives up to its name. It combines many of the best features of S. rubra - high pitcher count per growth point, tall pitchers (10-20 inches typical), and rich coloring and veining. Plus you get two endangered species in one hybrid!

To quote John Hummer: "I developed this cultivar in the 1980s. I coined the name in 1988. The cultivar name notes the beautiful gold and brown colors in the fall leaves."

This is a six inch pot that should have been divided this season and has many growing points. It is just beginning to put up flowers.

For more information on this plant see the cultivar standard description:
http://www.carnivorousplants.org/cpn/Species/v30n4p111_116.html#splendor

Plant will be shipped bare root USPS priority. Winner pays shipping. I'm guessing $15.00 depending on your location. US only. I'll probably trim off any flowers or pitchers to make packing easier but it hasn't really started active growing yet.

Bidding starts at $3.00

The NASC has received payment for this item so you are clear to ship! Thanks for supporting the conservancy :)

Contacted by winner regarding postage payment. Will update when costs are determined.

Shipping money received. Label printed and will be shipped tomorrow. Shipping/tracking info will be emailed from USPS to winner.

Package dropped off at Post Office on 4/22/13. Shipping/Tracking info should be emailed by USPS to winner. Please contact me if this does not happen.

Last edited:
Delivery confirmation indicates delivered 4/25/13.

Received today, excellent condition,fantastic plant! Thanks.

Received today, excellent condition,fantastic plant! Thanks.

Excellent! Thanks for the notification; with that we'll close out this auction thread as complete. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back