What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia (?) from home depot

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
On Saturday, I saw that my Home Depot finally brought in a shipment of CP's. Aside from the usual VFT's, they had "Asian Pitcher Plants" & "Cobra Pitcher Plants. The cobra plant was obviously something was leucophylla in it, with red & pink hoods. Which one would that be?

Probably 'Dana's Delight' a.k.a. leucophylla red.

Dana's Delight is the same thing as leucophylla red??
thats depressing...
I just bought a Dana's Delight, and I already had 5 leuco reds!
I thought Dana was a distinct variety..

I thought the leucophylla red was kind of a generic type, not a cultivar, while Dana's Delight was a very specific cultivar of a leucophylla red, a "special" leucophylla red if you will...
so all Dana's Delights are leucophylla reds, but not all leucophylla reds are Dana's Delight..

in the same way that Leah Wilkerson is a moorei, but not all moorei are Leah Wilkerson..

so is Dana "special"? or exactly the same as leucophylla red?
thanks,
Scot

I was under the impression that 'Dana's Delight', leuco red and the willisii x leuco plant were all the same. They couldn't distribute it as 'Dana's Delight' at first because it hadn't been registered I don't think.

Dana's Delight it is! Thanks. Looks a lot like pictures I have seen of Tarnok, only with red and pink. Looks a lot like Alexis' avatar. These plants came from a supplier called Colisantis, (fabrique au Canada).

The Nep has pitchers that are reddish for the top half and green for the bottom half, with striations that resemble a watermelon. It isn't cylindrically shaped. The lower half is wider, like a mild potbelly. Would that be a ventricosa? They have 4 plants in the pot, with pitcher ranging from .5-1.5".

We also have a forum member by that name:

WriggleyAnna
smile_m_32.gif

I dont like danas delight as much as other leocos. The pitchers dont seem to be robust at all, but maybe it's just my plant.

Alexis: Once, when I was bored and had time to kill, I spent an hour or so looking over the member names. There's a lot of no post and one or two post wonders on TF.

LOL: I'm happy with the plant. After losing so many to my stream, in the past year, I'm happy with any Sarrs and VFT's I can get.
smile.gif

Back