What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarr. X Stevensii

Hi,
I just bought a gorgeus Sarr. Stevensii (syn. catestaei) and after doing some search I got to know that this is a hybrid from S. flava x S. purpurea. I've read this info from diferent sources but I'm still doubtfull because I cannot see the S. purpurea genes in it, I would rather go for a Leucophylla.

What do you think?. Could you confirm this?.

Thanks.

officially the cross is flavaxpurp, but the plant cultivar commonly called stevensii does have some leuco in it.

So the commonly called stevensii is different from the official cross stevensii? Are they different plants with the same name?

So the commonly called stevensii is different from the official cross stevensii? Are they different plants with the same name?

recent correspondence: "stevensii= colourful hybrid of Leuco. and Rubra gulfensis. It's like a red leuco, and in full sun the lid is a very deep burgundy colour"
stevensii is also an invalid name for xcatesbei

Leucophylla X Rubra gulfensis is a more believable version. Thank you for the explanation.

Back