What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sandpaper VFT at nursery?

Which nursery, or garden center do you buy a "ping" from. By the way what is "ping" whats there real name other than sandpaper VFT.

i dont currently have any "pinguicula" but I plan to get one. Also called a 'butterwort'...haven't ever heard of sandpaper vft
biggrin.gif

o and vft is venus flytrap ( i wasnt sure if you knew that not to mock you or anything...but it took me a while to figure out abbreviations too like sase-self addressed stamped envelope)
You may be able to buy a ping from the petflytrap in a few weeks, but they said theyre out for now...so i'm going to wait a little bit too...
o yeah and pings usually have pretty flowers too. Not too sure if its much like it, but i thought of pings sort of like orchids, with leaves close to the ground usually and a long stem with flowers but i guess many plants can look like that

oops...it looks like they wont have any pings until september...

PFT (petflytrap) sells pings on a reqular bases. If you would like to get startd on easy pings, try reasearching on the follwoing and pic the one that suits you:

P.emarganta
P.ionantha
P.primiflora

the above seem to be the easier pings out there.

Thought I would post a picture of my Pinguicula.

butterwart_sm.jpg

Argh, another double post. Why is this happening?

I'm asking which nursery. Not petflytrap, they dont have any!

We'll have some next week.... I believe the moranensis and primuliflora.

Look for it around Thursday or Friday.

biggrin.gif
wow.gif
Not Sandpaper, Flypaper.

Back