What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sand blasting sand!

• Thread starter pond boy
  • Start date
Hey I finnaley got some sand blasting sand! I got it at a local lumber yard of all places! $4.50 for a 75# bag! It`s realy clean and white,and I added a drop of phosphoric acid and no bubbles! Do I need to rinse it?

What grade did you get?

Be careful in stirring it up, since breathing it in can cause lung cancer (geez, you've gone through enough already... sure wouldn't want you to have to go through that!!! yikes!)

Yeeah I`ll head the warning its says 1\4 or larger mm size grains if I remember right.(but my brains real foggy kinda because I`m feeling real bad tonight and need to take way to much clonapin)

but what was the grade number? anything over 20 literally turns to concrete when wettened and dried

Hmm. I think 45 it looks like the stuff William uses. Definately much coarser then play sand.

45 is like powder... actually I think 45 is the highest grade possible... the larger the grade number, the smaller the sand grains

Well this stuff is real coarse. I`ll recheck the label tommorow.

it isnt like, gravel, is it?
smile_m_32.gif

Sounds good to me, although I am not familiar with the grading system. I do advise that you rinse it well before use.

Back