What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S. rubra

Kate

Far too old to grow up now.
My rubra started it's new growth for this season a few weeks ago and the first pitcher is beautiful. All the new ones since then are starting out normally and then curving down past the edges of the pot until they end up looking like "curly q's" hanging down the sides of the pot.

There is no sign of parasite or other damage, just a frog the has decided it want's to live in the spagnum on the edges.

Any ideas?

I thought that this was normal for the first leaves of the season. You get those phyl-something leaves that don't "pitcher," if I am allowed to use that verb, and then the real pitchering kicks in later.

Steve

yes, you often get floppy pitchers early season!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (steveo @ Mar. 26 2003,11:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I thought that this was normal for the first leaves of the season.  You get those phyl-something leaves that don't "pitcher," if I am allowed to use that verb, and then the real pitchering kicks in later.

Steve[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I think you're referring to phyllodia.
smile.gif

so nothing to worry about yet... good good, thanks

Back