What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S. leucophila "hurricane screek white"

hey guys i was just reading the CPN And i saw a pic of S. Leucophila Hrican creek white, I would be very greatful to trade if anyone has it Please PM Me if you do

if u read somewhere in the sarrs seed guide for lecuos in the ICPS site, theyll have some seed available october 2005
Hellz

I saw a mature example of this plant today in a super-secret greenhouse - it's a beauty and should be worth the wait.

If you had read the post in the NASC Forum under a trip to Davis, you would know that Barry gave me Hurricane Creek White last weekend when I visited him at the greenhouses on the University Campus. Read it, it was fun.

I'm using a friends computer as I'm still missing a CPU  but  will be on line soon.

Anyone wishing to obtain specimens of my cultivar 'Hurricane Creek White Leuco'  right away can contact me either by phone (804-448-5615) or write  me address 23500 Old C.C. Rd  Ruther Glen, Va. 22546.

I also have a limited number  of my 'Hummer's Hammerhead' available on a 1st come 1st serve basis.

John H. Hummer

Sorry, I can't return long distance calls, so keep calling or write me.

PMed you and i'll call asap thank you sooooo much for the oppurtunity its my favorite plant ever

John-

Two amazing cultivars! I'd love to add either to my collection to feed my addiction. . . PM'ed you.

John Hummer has asked me to let those interested in knowing that he'll make a few of his other cultivars available, like 'Harvest of Gold,' 'Super Green Giant,' and 'Golden-Red Judilee.'
He's not online, so people would have to call him. I don't have anything to do with this, other than posting this for him. His number is on a previous post.

anyone have a picture of this plant? can't find one anywhere
confused.gif

There are some great photos on the gallery section of Barry's Sarracenia FAQ website.

I finally was able to touch base with John Hummer.  What a sweetheart of a person he is. I can't say enough nice things about him.  He gave me a few tips for growing Sarracenia from seed.  Sadly, his plants are all dormant right now and additionally, he isn't currently selling any Hurrican Creeks and won't be for some time. I can't say as I blame him as his plants all come from his private property and they probably need a chance to multiply there for a while. I did find him to be quite gracious and beyond a wealth of information in that he has wetlands on his property and so do I.  Thanks to whomever posted this information as I found him to be a breath of fresh air even if he wasn't going to be selling any Hurricane Creeks.

Back