What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S. leuco has a problem.

Has the title suggest, my leuco has a slight problem...or major, not sure.
I've been seeing that the new pitchers are...unslightly, here are pic to show what I mean (should I repot just in case or leave it alone to see what happens?):
SN851166.jpg

SN851177.jpg

SN851179.jpg

SN851209.jpg

It must survive so I can make hybrids with it and so it can be put into my mini bog in the future! It's my only multiple Sarr I have :/. I don't think it can be spider mites because it's always humid and moist (though here, there has been sort of a drought) here.

I would say spider mites due to the webbing in the first picture. I don' think repotting is the answer.

xvart.

Ohh I have had webs like that made on my cobra lily and my flytraps and between sarracenia pitchers, I think it could be spider mights but my plants look okay and I did see a whole web of hatched baby spiders about ten feet from my plants on our rain gutter under the awning. The spiders were pinhead sized and yellow.

Hope someone can diagnose your problem.

Aren't Spider Mites suppose to be in hot, dry climate, though? And if it is spider mites, how might I stop it? Shouldn't repotting help?

Looks like something chewed a hunk out of the pitcher on the last photo. Just drown the pot and plant in a bucket of water for a couple days. The soaking is not going to harm a Sarracenia. That should take care of anything except maybe slugs or snails which could be your muncher.

Looks like something chewed a hunk out of the pitcher on the last photo. Just drown the pot and plant in a bucket of water for a couple days. The soaking is not going to harm a Sarracenia. That should take care of anything except maybe slugs or snails which could be your muncher.

The odd thing is is that everyone says it's mites, but the plant is always water logged. I think it can actually be the water container itself. Thhe container has water and...stuff. I should clean it and see what happens.
Btw, those are bite marks, they're black marks, I think. I checked if it was just soil.

I'm talking about what looks like a long hole on the side of the pitcher, otherwise they look normal to me.:
SN851209copy.jpg

I'm talking about what looks like a long hole on the side of the pitcher:
SN851209copy.jpg

Sorry for late reply. I see what you mean. I checked and it wasn't a bite mark. Btw, how do black spot and a blacking tip normal?

I don't see any black tips in the photos, certainly not in the one above. Is the black stuff peat or not? You don't make it clear from you previous posts.

Spider mite damage is usually light colored spots and shriveled leaves in very bad infestations. A bad infestation would have webbing all over the place.

I don't see any black tips in the photos, certainly not in the one above. Is the black stuff peat or not? You don't make it clear from you previous posts.

Spider mite damage is usually light colored spots and shriveled leaves in very bad infestations. A bad infestation would have webbing all over the place.

There wasn't really any webbings except for one, but I destroyed it. Um, those are indeed black spots, not peat. The last one is beginning to become black at the top is what I should've said.

Just buy some insecticide and spray it.

Back