What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S. flava variety

Yup Alvin, I have re wrote the tag to that cross.
smile.gif
Still love it!
smile.gif

I would be wary of re-labelling it. you dont know the parentage, purely a guess by some which others disagree with. also, when you divide the plant and pass it on to others it will retain your "guess" as the label and pass on the error to others. best to label as S.flava only, or flava var flava which it most resembles.

Hi,

@Statik2426 : Yes, my plant is fully mature. I do have it for more than 5 years now. It always had this kind of spot.

@Nepenthes gracilis : I would just label it S. flava. This is the best labeling. You don't know, whether it is a hybrid or not. All you can exactly say is, that it is a flava. So, if you label it S.flaba, this will cause no confusion. There is enough confusion on the southafrican Drosera, which might be caused of wrong labelling. I don't want to have the same problem with Sarracenia
smile.gif

Christian

It was S. flava var. flava, luckily I haven't re labeled it yet so it's fine so far!

Here is one of my rugelli to compare with yours.
FLAVA.jpg

This one is not fully grown yet. Two years ago it made 30"+ pitchers with a really pure red blotch.

Like this one (not my plant):
Sarracenia_flava_4.jpg

Last year the plant split into to equal but smaller growing points, and they made 1ft pitchers.
This year (the pitcher in the first picture) they are larger and the largest pitchers are about 20in, but they still don't have a deep red spot.

Back