What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S. flava trouble

z5guy,
I like to check Sarracenia rhizomes by gradually cutting away the dead material (which is usually orangish brown and sludgy) from the tip (opposite of where the leaves are being produced), until I see live, white tissue inside. If the whole rhizome is brown, I'm afraid you have a goner.
On another note, it doesn't really matter how many watts you give Sarracenia, it still won't be happy unless it's in full sun (unless you own a 5,000W MH+HPS phototron! OK, that's exaggerating, but you get the idea).
Don't give up!

Amori

hmmm, i guess i could of put it outside but i wasnet sure if it was good conditions yet, it was nice and warm and sunny by day, but was pretty chilly by night. dammit, watever happened to my flava, is happening to one of my dews! what should i do? (pun not intended).

what should i do?? should i put it outside?

IF it's not freezing put it out.

ok, cool, thanks, i just hope they bounce back.

I don't want to dampen your enthusiasm, but your flava still looks like it is in the great pitcher plant savannah in the sky to me
smile_h_32.gif

probaly, i seem to kill the coolest plants, damm me! maybe i can find another and try again.

Hope you do find another. But, no more basements during growing season. Only for the winter if your winters are severe. Otherwise, outside is the best.

MMM. Outside has mosquitos. Mosquitos are vampirous. flava eats bugs. Mosquitos are bugs. flava is vampirous

wait, but i have a s.purpea (excuse me if i spelled it wrong) its small but it looks like its in good shape, although it doesnt have any new growth, which concerns me. should i put my s. purpea outside or try to hardin it off by puting it in the screen room? right now outside is wet and a bit chilly.

Back