What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rubra ssp identification

Well, it is one of the rescue plants from Lowes, and i wanted to know, what Ssp it is, i was waiting for a good pitcher, and well, here is one of em.
outsideplants8-18-08003-1.jpg

here is a new photo from this season
its starting to look alot like jonesii
CPs8-1516-09022.jpg

To the best of my knowledge, all of the rubras from Lowe's are ssp rubra.

(That's what I would have guessed even if you hadn't said it was from Lowe's.)

As dart said, the only ones I've seen at Lowe's have been rubra ssp. rubra but this one does look at a lot like jonesii indeed. Best to just leave it labeled as rubra. If you're looking for some rubra ssp. rubra mine has split into 4 or 5 this year already (notorious for vigorous growth). One of those is yours if you'd like. Nice looking plant!

french id like that, brokken was stating that the lid on this one is too long to be normal rubra ssp. rubra, but i mentioned long lid after that...so im not sure what it is lol.

My Jonesii looks different from that, but maybe it is environment. I can't tell from the photo, but one of the characteristics of Jonesii is the bulge at the top.

french id like that, brokken was stating that the lid on this one is too long to be normal rubra ssp. rubra, but i mentioned long lid after that...so im not sure what it is lol.

And I would have to agree with both Brokken and you Kris.

Here are my jonesii and rubra, you can clearly see the difference between the two, but yours almost looks like a cross of them. Kinda neat I think! But like I said please be sure to keep this labeled as an unknown. :) plz and ty

IMG_2125.JPG

IMG_2016.JPG_595.jpg

Back