What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rooting multiple cuttings

When rooting multiple nep cuttings at once (5 in this case), it's tempting to put them all in one or two pots for the sake of compactness. I can see, however, that having them all in individual containers might be better down the road, say when they are ready for potting, possibly easier on the roots and all that. What do y'all do?
:scratch:

I like to put the cuttings in large ziplocak bags. I dip the cut in rooting hormone and then wrap it in damp LFS. Then place the cutting in a large ziplock that I then seal. Put under indirect light and wait.

have been packing LFS around the cut end and then placing them into peat pots. then plant pot and all after roots from. less stress at transplanting....

What I usually do with multiple cuttings is to wrap each piece separately in live sphagnum, after treating the cut ends with a rooting hormone / fungicide; and then cover the moss with cellophane, held in place by rubber bands. They are all then usually propped upright in a pot and placed under lights; or else outside in diffused lighting, occasionally kept in zip-lock bags . . .

is there a certain rooting hormone thats best for neps?

None that I know of. Some work better then others. I always use a gel type rooting hormone. Clonex or Olivia's brand I have had good results with.

Lots of good suggestions here folks, thanks!

I usually put the cuttings into the same pot for compactness. Of course, I usually check the roots every 6 weeks or so which means once they have roots about an inch long ill put them into their own pot.

I like to put the cuttings in large ziplocak bags. I dip the cut in rooting hormone and then wrap it in damp LFS. Then place the cutting in a large ziplock that I then seal. Put under indirect light and wait.

This is the exact method I use as well, and I've had great results.

Back