What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RIP to Stickey, my adeala...

Chomp

Oops
Let's have a moment of silence for my adeala, who I could not save from Lowes.

I wouldn't count it out yet - these have a habit of coming back from the root.

Let's have a moment of silence for my adeala, who I could not save from Lowes.

Decapitate it - cut off everything above the soil (except maybe a little 2mm nub, but even that's not necessary) and give it light, keep the soil damp to wet, and don't let the tray of water it's in drop below about half full (which should be about 1/2 inch).

In a month or two, you will probably have a plantlet (or plantletS). Like Not a Number said, they grow back from roots.

I did this with my Lowe's Adelae a month ago and I now have a little Adelae plantlet about the size of two pieces of rice, and it's growing steadily. :)

There is hope! Hallelujah! It's in a terrarium with over 200 watts of sunlight, the water level is always high, and the humidity is great. Do those conditions sound right? If not, please tell me so that I may wack myself with a metal poll repetitively.
Thanx!

Hmm. When did you get the adelae? Oh, and would you happen to have any idea on how many lumens your bulb gives out?

i just grow mine in a window, they don't seem all that picky when you give them natural light

I bet it comes back. I can't get rid of mine to save my life :)

There is hope! Hallelujah! It's in a terrarium with over 200 watts of sunlight, the water level is always high, and the humidity is great. Do those conditions sound right? If not, please tell me so that I may wack myself with a metal poll repetitively.
Thanx!

All sound good except the unknown -

What kind of bulbs, what color temp, how many lumens?
Also, what's the temperature range inside the terrarium?

200W should be pushing out about 12,000 lumens or so; ideal color temp is 6500K, but many grow under 5000K with great success.

Lol i bought some adelae in my lowes rescue back in mid 08
stupidly stuck a few in my minibogs for the summer, they died during winter....or atleast i thought they did, a few weeks ago i look in and see some plantlets from adelae which i thought were dead o.o;;;;
but it got too cold again and poof lol.

Once again...it's 'adelae'.

and they come back from the roots. just keep it for a while, they come back

Sorry i forgot how to spell it again. but I'll find out how hot it is, lumens, and stuff like that. thnx guys!

Back