What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reverse osmosis (ro) systems

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tony Paroubek @ June 03 2005,6:44)]It is imperative that you replace the carbon Prefilter on a regular basis, depending how much total water you put through the system.  This is the filter that is removing the chlorine.  If the carbon prefilter stops removing the chlorine it will get through to the RO membrane and punch big holes in it.  This will allow sodium, calcium and all sorts of other mineral molecules to pass through into the water your collecting.  
Uhhh uh oh.. hehe... Ok mental note, **First thing in the morning go out and replace the carbon and sediment prefilters that Max gave me when he gave me his old system.
smile_l_32.gif
Ive had them sitting here brand new in the box since I got the system in late January.. lol

Thanks for the tip Tony.. I didnt know it was that serious to keep those fresh.

Steve

Thanks Tony, sorry for all the amateur questions
smile.gif
. One more thing: I currently have the unit outside connected to a spicket because there is not space in the house. If it gets 80-90F outside is this going to damage it? I have it in a shady area and plan to keep it covered when not using it.

I plan to bring it inside before the winter when I get some space cleared up.

Thanks for all the help!
-Ben

I'm definitely resurrecting an old thread here but what is the ideal tds for cp's. I have an R/O system that was installed by the previous owners of my house. I would like to know the best way to find out if this system is suitable for cp's.

thx

z

Have the water tested, as long as it below 100ppm its fine for all CPs and if its up to 150ppm Nepenthes can only tolerate it as a general rule of thumb.

thx
where/how should i get it tested?
Is it worth buying some sort of device in case i have to check it on a regular basis?

z

Back