What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retarded nep

superimposedhope

Somewhat Unstable
The Nep that I mounted (SHHHHH) (Judith Finn) produced a pitcher that grew halfway upright then at the half it grew at a 90' angle to the right.
confused.gif
and the lid is triangular. The previous pitcher is normal. It began this pitcher prior to me mounting it. Whats wrong with the pitcher? Any ideas?

Joe

oh you finally mounted Judith Finn? good for you! she's a realy beauty.

anyway, i think the immature pitcher at the end of the tendril got bent or damaged somehow.

(ps, what do you call the little "pitcher" on the end of a tendril when it's a tiny tiny bump?)

could it be a change in water do to the fact it was mounted? one of the plants i got from Snowy did some wierd things with the first pitcher it produced for me but the ones after it are fine. maybe its just stress. if i can find a small bellii i may try this, or maybe ill take a cutting off my gracilis and get it started. i now have a smaller Miranda but im worried that the pitchers will be to heavy when filled with fluid when its bigger. keep us updated!

Rattler

Unfortunately no, I still have no camera.It kept the pitcher and partially inflated then moved on to the next pitcher. It is still alive and growing on. It will be a year or so befor I can take wraps off.

Joe

Back