What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EntHerptology

Carnivorous...
Hey Guys,

I have been reading the forum for about a month now and find it very informational. My main hobby started in herptology from the age of six and has blossomed for the past seven years. I keep various species of Rhacodactylus, some Dendrobates, Pacific newts, Leopard geckos, and a pair of scorpions.

Herps and Carnivorous Plants seemed to have always gone together in my mind :). I remember returning home when I was just three with a "death cube" containing a venus flytrap and a Nepenthes. Two years of unsuccessful growing finally changed when I discovered an old copy of the Savage Garden in my attic. I was a determined five year old and promptly manipulated my parents into purchasing an online Sarracenia. It thrived!

My collection has been limited to a few plants because of my age, and of course my parents wanted to make sure I was stable in the responsibility before going nuts. My first trip to California Carnivores two years ago marked when my collection took off!

I am looking forward to sharing my plants and learning from everyone!

Kenny

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum, Kenny :)

Welcome to the forums! Herpetology was my original passion, and still is dual with botany, as I breed corn snakes.
P.S. I think parents can be quite a pain when trying to expand your passion, but it can be maneuvered around :D

I come from a reptile background too. I used to breed many many geckos (mostly Rhacodactylus and Nephrurus) and dart frogs. I bred many other species as well but the frogs and geckos were my main focus.

Great to see other reptile keepers! I loves this forum :)

Back