What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Repotting

curtisconners

Greetings from the netherworld.
Hey all.

I have a venus fly trap that I recently repotted, I could tell that their was at least one or two divisions in there, but as it turned out, their were 4, maybe 5 divisions in there. I didn't have enough pots to plant all of the divisions. I managed to plant two in their own pots, but that leaves me with 4 plants in one pot. I left them in the original soil, so their root systems are pretty much undisturbed. Is it safe to re-pot again? Thanks.

Last edited:
If you repotted them within the last few days, or if they are still dormant, repotting again won't really hurt.

If the divisions are from a healthy flytrap, I don't think you would have any problem re-potting the excess 4 divisions in the next month or so. Flytraps can be re-potted any time of year, but when done in full growth mode it may set them back a bit for the season.

Why not grow the clump as is? You may like the effect.

17909903246_492b8235d3_o.jpg

Perhaps I'll do both, this plant seems to be dividing pretty quickly and I could get another couple of divisions this season.

Back