What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Repotting venus fly traps

S

suem

being a new owner of a very small venus fly trap i need info on re-potting, please. i bought plant from a local garden store and don't know what soil it's in at present.

when do plants needs repotting?

plants looks bit sickly at present and having just read it needs to be in a humid place, i've moved it to bathroom in hope of regeneration. rainwater only used on a daily basis as weather here in south east of england VERY dry and hot.

is watering every day ok?

plant has few black leaves

do i remove them?

answers please if possible.
many thanks

sue

I don't know about repotting, Sue, I tend to regard repotting as a fairly hazardous last-resort affair, but others may have different views.

Chances are that your vft's soil isn't harmful to its growth, but if you suspect that it is (ie all other requirements have been met and it's still doing badly), then you may want to repot it in some suitable medium.

Keeping it in the bathroom will probably increase humidity, but make sure your plant gets enough in the way of light.

Leave your plant in a tray of water and top up the water in the tray when it runs down.

Back