What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reminder: NASC Membership Drive

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Just thought I'd post a reminder that concurrently with the auction, NASC is having a membership drive through the auction bidding dates.

We are offering free NASC memberships for the remainder of the 2008 year to anyone who donates an item to our auction. If you donate an item to the auction and would like to join NASC, all we need is your membership form and you will be a member for the remaining 2008 year!

NASC has opened its Seed Bank so members are allowed to purchase location seed for a buck (plus shipping)! (The seed is coded so specific locations are not revealed for protection of the areas). The seed list and policies are posted on the NASC web site: www.nasarracenia.org .

We had seed purchased on the opening day!

Thank you to everyone who has been supporting the auction through donations and bids!

Suzanne/PAK

I wanna join! Where can I get a hold of one of these membership forms?

I was wondering the same as well. I went on the website, but I only see where I have to use Paypal or whatnot first for the membership fees. I donated some plants to the auction.

Thanks,
Crystal

Pardon my website ignorance but here is the PDF of our mail-in PDF form. In payment area, just indicate "Free membership for listing" and your forum name.

I will try to get a webby Board member to put the correct link to the form on our website.

Pardon the temporary work-around!

Or if you have a scanner you can scan it in and send it to treasurer (at) nasarracenia (dot) org or even post a picture in a pm like I did!

xvart.

Thanks guys!

Is this the correct email address, retyped properly of course:
treasurer (at) nasarracenia (dot) org

I ask because I filled out and scanned my membership application on June 28th. I emailed it to the above address. I never heard back so I sent another email on July 15th to inquiry about it. I still haven't heard anything.

I'd still like to join, but it looks like it's turning into an ordeal.

Thanks,
Crystal

Hi Cryssytal

Yes that is the correct address. I am pretty sure Dave got your membership application but I will ask him. He's been very busy with the auction stuff, our 501c3 and also swamped at work so I'll give him a little reminder kick to let you know.

I'm not trying to make excuses but just a reminder for everyone that everyone on the Board of NASC is a volunteer. NASC is worked in inbetween jobs, school, family, sickness, vacation, kids, part-time jobs, etc. This is why it's so hard to GET volunteers. Not too many people want to work for "free" on their time off. Everyone has loads of other responsibilities to take care of.

But certainly Dave should let you know! I'll kick him under the table. :poke: Thanks for letting me know that you haven't been confirmed.

I believe I remember Dave mentioning your application during one of the meetings. Thanks for joining up. Hope to see you at some of the meetings!

xvart.

Alrighty, thanks guys! Just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong.

I completely understand about everyone being so busy. Thanks for letting me know that he did get it :).

Crystal

Hi Crissy,

I'm sorry for not following up with you on this....But I do have you app. You're in!

Glad to have you on board.....

Back