What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red dragon

I don't know why, but I have never been able to keep a Red Dragon VFT for more than one season (usually only a couple of months) and then it dies. I treat them just like I do all my other VFT's, but this particular guy seems a bit tempermental. Does anyone know if these guys need different care?

hmm, I have heard that they are more prone to rot.

You probably have a bad 'false' clone then. The original clone which I think I have since its from a reputable source is a very hardy vft.
That is why it is so important to label seed grown red dragons f2 and not give other red plants a name "just because"

Its so wierd, out of all the VFT's I collect, I still don't have a "Red Dragon". lol

Keep the water level down and refill only when the old water has all been used up.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Its so wierd, out of all the VFT's I collect, I still don't have a "Red Dragon". lol
Uglypho, I have some red dragon leaf cuttings. I'll trade you one for one of your green dragons
smile_m_32.gif

I will try cutting back on the watering for a bit and let the saucer run dry of water before replacing it.  I will post an update on it in a week or so.  

Thanks for the info guys!  

Here is a picture of it now (not doin' so good, is she?):

DSC05270.JPG

Back