What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recommend a lighting system?

I want to sell VFT'S in my store and found some 74" tall rack lighting systems (on ebay)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....84&rd=1

with adjustable lamps; but they are only two 48 inch flourescent fixtures per rack. I think I can adjust them as close as I want but is two 20 watt lamps enough even if I can get them very close?

At home I use four, (two soft white and a cool white and a grow light).

I don't want to drop almost $200.00 for something that will be useless.  I don't want to build one either; don't have the time.

If anyone can suggest a better system, I'm all ears.

I got an e-mail responce to the lighting question on ebay from the seller.

He says it will do just fine; but. . . he is the seller so I still don't know if I will order.

Lowes has a metal 5 tier shelf that a few members on here use including me. It is 74" high, 48" long, and 18" wide. I think is it around $80. I use two 48" shop lights per self and it works great. I would make an awesome display in a store. I could send you some pictures if you want.
-Nick

Thanks for the response,

Unfortunately, I don't have a Lowe's here (yet).

Home Depot, perhaps?

Did you have to rig the lighting yourself?

I am sure Home Depot has it also.  For the lighting you just use the 48" shoplights that hold 2 bulbs.  Just use a piece of chain and hang 2 fixtures under each shelf. It is very easy.
-Nick

Back