What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can anyone suggest me some sundews that are easy to take care of? I only have a capensis and adelae. I keep them in a terrarium that stays around 75 degrees and 75 humidity. So far mine are doing good except the capensis doesnt have much dew since I had to move it from an airtight glass jar which most likely had a higher humidity. I only started with carnivorus plants a couple months ago so I am far from being a pro. I was thinking about getting an intermedia 'Florida'. Any suggestions welcome.

Some of the easier species include: Aliciae, binata, capensis "albino", dielsiana, intermedia (tropical), natalensis, and spatulata.

Hi Shizuo

Welcome to the forums.
smile.gif
D. spatula is a pretty easy one to grow. And d. aliciae is too. I'm glad you are getting into the sundews. They are my favorites. I believe Phil and Jeff have d. spatulata...if they are still in stock. I have some d. capillaris seedlings but they are too small to ship out now or I'd send you one.

Suzanne

Gee Tamlin...you're tooooo fast. You whipped your post in before I could hit the submit button. lol

Wouldn't want to play against you in a game show where you had to hit a button to answer.
smile.gif

Suzanne

Try D. Capensis also known as the Cape Sundew. It is a good beginner plant. Easy to take care of.

Back