What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recipe for pepperheads

Hi y'all,

There was a restaurant down here that closed before I had a chance to eat there. Called Hollywood Fries, it was a gourmet french fries place that offered dozens of yummy dipping sauces. Anyway, I was able to locate its most famous sauce recipe, called Lethal Weapon. Since the place was owned by Danny Glover, makes sense.

Anyway, since my mom and I are wimps, my dad made the recipe with half the chili powder and double the garlic (4 cloves). It makes the recipe medium-hot with the garlic giving its own bite. He also used a mixture of New Mexico chili and Mexican chili powder. It's extremely tasty for a sauce, and I found that it's also great on tortilla chips and steak.

I figure you pepperheads will make the full recipe with the various peppers you have grown. Especially Dyflam, I'm wondering how the choco habs will taste in here.

Danny Glover's Favorite Lethal Weapon Sauce
Prep Time: 5 minutes  
Inactive Prep Time: 2 minutes
Yield: 2 cups
2 cups mayonnaise
5 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon cayenne
1 teaspoon freshly minced garlic

In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Stir and let stand for 2 hours, enough time for the chili powder to re-hydrate and other flavors meld together. Dip fries in sauce or use on hamburgers and hotdogs.

Also here
Danny Glover's Lethal Weapon Sauce

How I look after eating some -->  
smile.gif

tounge.gif

wow.gif

confused.gif

sad.gif

alien.gif

biggrin.gif

If it's so good, how come its closed
tounge.gif

I think it closed because it was in a very expensive neighborhood (Westwood, near UCLA) and there isn't much profit in french fries. Anyway, the sauce is top-notch.

Sounds delish! I am a chilehead also. I love hot stuff. I'll have to try that. I didn't get to have my veggie garden this year so no peppers.
sad.gif

My personal favorite creation is what I call Fire Honey. Jalapeno peppers and garlic finely minced in a food processor. Then mix in a jar of honey. You get a wonderful blend of hot and sweet with a light touch of garlic... its heavenly on a hot buttered biscuit.
smile.gif
Everyone who tried it loved it including my mother (who is not a chilehead). Habaneros would probably be very good in place of the jalapenos.

Suzanne

Back