What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent GH pictures

JB_OrchidGuy

Cardiac Nurse
Decided to take some pictures after I got a bench finished. It is starting to come togetehr finaly.
173881102O325498321.jpg

173881079O335802290.jpg

173881148O775856942.jpg

173881174O173074209.jpg

173881160O982367761.jpg

It looks great, but there's too much space! You need more plants! Where are the N. bellii and the N. albomarginata I sent you? How are they doing?

What.. oh yeah! The orchid waterer looks cool!

You talking about the 5 clay pots siliconed together?  It is something new I am trying.  I got the idea from Rattler and a guy from orchid source.  Mixxed the two together and I got that.  I hope it works. It is planeted with a bunch of bulbo seedlings and moss. I have some utrics on the bottom, but they will probably die from the tap water. They were just little plugs from my main pots anyway.

The belli is doing great.  It has a new pitcher and I forgot to take a picture of it yesterday.  The albomarginata is growing good, but hasn't started inflating a pitcher so it hasn't had its photo shoot yet.

I haven't killed them
laugh.gif

OH OH OH! Do I see a SAGE plant?

NICE! Looks very tasty.

You've got a nice tank of sludge too.
laugh.gif

Well the sludge is just stired up from when I moved it. I have some java moss and daphnia growing in there. I just added algea water in it from my Betta tank. The Java moss I added to the batta tank also grew alot of algea. So I thinned it out and added most of it to the daphnia tank.

NICE! I love that pink plant in the hanging basket in your 2nd/3rd pictures.

Very nice orchid / CP setup, you got there, OrchidGuy!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Dec. 12 2006,9:36)]You've got a nice tank of sludge too.
laugh.gif
lol.

Could you explain the pots that are stacked. I read the description you gave JLAP but I still am in the dark. It looks interesting.

By the way, is that an old school barometer on the left of the first picture? lol.

Nice looking area you've got there. I always get so jealous when people post GH pics. I'm going to go pout now about my ghetto grow area....

Thanks for sharing, Josh.

xvart.

Xvart that was a thrift store thermometer and hydrometer handing off the wire rack. It does ok.

The stacked pots are just that 4 clay pots of the same sude siliconed together. Then a smaller pot siliconed to the topto ack like a funnel. Orchid roots will attach themselves to the caly pot when potted normaly. So What I did was silicone the pots together and seal the bottom with silicone when I siliconed it to the plastic tray. Then I filled it with water. The water slowly wicks out the terracotta and the plants that are growing on it get the moisture. It also collects alot of dew in the AM when it iw cold and the water inside gets cold and then it warms up. Dew condensates on the terracoatta keeping it damp all the time.

Outside that pink plant is accualy purple, green and it actual shimmers like it has glitter on it. It is a purple wandering jew. I have about 3 pots of it now all started from a couple 1 dollar plants about 6 inches long I got at the fleamarket here. WOuld you like some clippings? They are easy to root. I could send you some for shipping.

Neat! Quite a creative contraption with the pots. Thanks for explaining that. Is the purple wandering jew easy to grow?

xvart.

Yes the wandering Jew is very easy to grow. Takes off like wildfire.

Back