What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Received this wondeful little 'judith hindle'

Had to take a photo of this little pretty.  My girlfriend bought it at a Lowes and it looks pretty darn happy to me.  I'll repot this later on this evening.  Wanted to post the photo because it is so darn pretty.

17252d30.jpg

if you think it's pretty now, wait till it colors up in the sun

I love it! She bought one for herself too when she was in Florida visiting her parents. I tried to take photos of the plant inside but that didn't work too well. Me and pictures are hit or miss- some turn out remarkably well and others are basically really bad. I took this plant outside to photograph it and the bright sun washed out some of the red. I was surprised to see so much red on such a young plant but it was definitely there. Yes, I am waiting to get this outside to color up but I don't dare for about 2 months. There was a thread last year where people posted photos of their Saracenias. It was a friendly battle of the beauties. I remember seeing some pretty spectacular Sarrs and I distinctly recall a mature 'Judith Hindle'. I'm glad I have my own.

That's in better shape than the one I saw at our Lowes.

Here's the intermediate stage where the white comes out, before it all turns red!

Hindle.jpg

wow,I really want a judith hindle now.....

Starman,

Yes, you do. They are a spectacular hybrid. And pretty hardy, too, even for a sar.

Hi All,
Here are some photos of one of our S. 'Judith Hindle'
S.%20'Judith%20Hindle'%202-23-05.JPG

S.%20Judith%20Hindle%204-4-05.JPG

It really is a great cultivar.

Mine is in my avatar. I no longer have that one it's at my x's house.
smile_h_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (schloaty @ April 04 2005,2:47)]Starman,

Yes, you do.  They are a spectacular hybrid.  And pretty hardy, too, even for a sar.
I havnt been able to find one up here though.
smile_h_32.gif

doent worry Laura, i got mine to color up nicely with artificial light. doesnt take much decent light to get one to color up. wonderful cultivar though i prefer my Tarnok

Nice Judith

I have one myself, but i don't like it and i want it to die, so i put it outside. Well, it rained, conveniently, every time the soil has gone dry! That Judith has the best luck. Well, it will open some pitchers now, maybe i should stop hating it and keep it alive on purpose.
biggrin.gif

My last (and first) Judith I got from Lowe's in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina last year was doing great for a while, then it got scale from the S. minor twice and then died during dormancy. Not sure why. My current one is a spindly, tiny rescue from Lowe's. It's finally sending up some healthy growth.

Ah, good old S.'Judith Hindle'. I remember potting up 50-odd individual plants (from Agri-Starts) like it was yesterday. Maybe because of that hellish day I'm not that fond of them anymore!
smile_n_32.gif
Not that I wuldn't buy one just for the sake of saving it.

S. 'Judith Hindle' is my current favorite hybrid. It amazing to watch the color progress when grown in full sun. They also are very good at catching insects.

Back