What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Real life in iraq

Great link, Scotty! Thanks.

Very interesting...nice photos. Its neat to see the soldiers interacting with the kids.
smile.gif

Wow,that was really great to see.~Niki~
smile.gif

great link. thats about the kind of stuff i get when talking to soldiers. troop moral over there is quite high though most would prefer to be back home ofcourse. the ppl are for the most part very friendly, and glad we came over and got rid of Saddam but will be quite happy when we finally leave also. those pics basically show most troops more or less typical day in Iraq.

You know, when I first looked I only saw the first row of pics and didn't scroll down. I went back and what a great, positive collection of beautiful shots! That power pole on the first row looked very scary, reminded me of National Lampoon Christmas lighting the house, but the other shots were just beautiful!
smile.gif

Although I truly oppose our war of aggression upon Iraq, I have full confidence that our troops will do everything they can to improve the lives of Iraqis. Every school they build, every criminal they catch, every power plant they repair all begin to undo the damage to the image of the US that this invasion has caused. Remember, our government has been a part of keeping the press out of Iraq. That, plus the danger of leaving the small safe zones precludes the sort of coverage that past wars have had. Even though the situation as a whole is pretty grim, and the insurgency and civil strife are both looming problems in Iraq, you can count on the normal, everyday troops in our armed forces to represent what is good about America. These photos show that spirit.

Capslock

Geez,

They look JUST like human beings: the kind that laugh, love, cry, hope and dream. Imagine that.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tamlin Dawnstar @ July 28 2005,11:08)]Geez,

They look JUST like human beings: the kind that laugh, love, cry, hope and dream. Imagine that.
Very well said Tamlin. The media has made them out to be these killing machines when all they are are people who's job has to be done so that they can go home to their families.

Back