What's new

re-potting Mexican Ping

This is my first Ping, and it arrived bare root back in early October. I believe that this is still carnivorous leaves, please correct me if I am incorrect. The question is when should I re-pot this plant? Does it have enough room in the current pot? How much space does it need?

Thanks all.

Attachments

• 20211202_113104.jpg
    20211202_113104.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 16

Vbkid

Getting There...
I don't have as much experience with pings as many others here, but I think I can field this question.
In general, pings don't have much of a root system. They don't really become root bound, but they can outgrow their pots when they are dividing out over the edges. While your ping looks plenty happy, I think you have quite a bit before it runs out of real estate in that pot!

The people that I got it from had it labeled as "Pinguicula emarginata x ‘Libelulita’ "

it is therefore a hybrid .
what substrate, peat/ sand ?

I see a flower , may be you have a face picture .
it is therefore a hybrid .
what substrate, peat/ sand ?

I see a flower , may be you have a face picture .
sorry about the picture, that flower is fading and another will be out in a day or two. Substrate is peat and perlite. Purchased from California carnivores.
Pinguicula 'Libelulita' Hort. Rice & Salviasouthern MexicoSquare-tipped petals, pale purple at edges darkening to deep velvet-red near base, heavily veined, white center.

Attachments

• 20211205_090844.jpg
    20211205_090844.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 11