What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rare cps

I only have common cps but i would like to get some less common ones but i don't know what to get. So, i was just wondering what rare cps you guys have. Thanks!!

-buckeye

I think the rarest cp I have is S.oreophilla.

the top 3 rarest ones I have are rajah, oreophylla, and sarracenia alata 'black' x flava 'red'.
oh, and the rarest of the rarest: Drosera capensis!
tounge.gif
wow.gif
wink.gif
rolleyes.gif

well it depends on what you mean is rare , you can mean rare as not many people have it or you can mean rare as a very old cp or your first cp or a cp that you have that has a speical charateristic that is not natural . what i think that i have is rare is :

50 year old vft
s. oreophila
cephalotus
heliamphora heterodoxa x minor
brocchinia reducta
genlisea hispidula
and drosophyllum seeds

if by CP you mean Carnivorous Pets i've gots a rare one fer ya....staight outa syberia, i call her vicious.
1000% beast

Nepenthes Rajah, Nepenthes hamata, Cephalotus follicularis 'German Giant', Sarracenia alabamenensis (AL001 and AL003) . I am soon aquiring a Nepenthes lowii!!  
biggrin.gif

smile.gif

alien.gif

Goldtrap, a 50 year old VFT? I am not sure if i belive that one...my rarest cp's are:

N. Fusca
H. Minor x Heteradoxa
D. Muscipula 'sawtooth'

I have mostly commons besides these.
Kevin

I would say mine are Sarracenia alabamensis, Sarracenia oreophila, and Nepenthes campanulata.

mine is probably a ventrata
biggrin.gif

I was going to say my S. alabamensis, but now that we've all got some, maybe they're not so rare anymore!
smile.gif

I have n.lowii seedlings
smile.gif
and I have an s.oreophila
smile.gif

Holden

For me, it's:

Cephalotus

Drosera gigantea grown from seed - I hope they make it through their first dormancy...

Drosera macranthra, from seed

Nepenthes northiana x veitchi, from seed - I'm especially proud of this one since of all the seeds, only 3 sprouted and of those 2 died.

WildBill

I think a rare Cp would be one that few people have, such as hybrid you made yourself, or new variety you discovered.

I have:

D. Muscipula 'Creeping Death'
              &
D. Muscipula 'Maroon Trap'

D. Muscipula 'Maroon Trap' is a variant of the common 'red dragon'. I discovered it myself. It has solid maroon traps and light green leaves. I'm thinking of crossing it with my 'Creeping Death'.

Mike
smile.gif

EDIT: I also have Cephalotus 'Giant', but I know a lot of people have it by now.

S. oreophila
S. purpurea ssp. purpurea var. montana
U. humboldtii
U. alpina
U. reniformis 'small flowered form'
Cephalotus
D. sessilifolia
D. petiolaris (not so rare I guess)
Maybe D. stenopetala, and D. glandulgera (if they sprout)

Cole

Drosera uniflora
Drosera darwiniensis
Drosera silvicola
Drosera anglica temperate form: (this is a manmade hybrid done by Ivan Snyder which he did not distribute other than to me, so there are really only a few plants of it on Earth).
Utricularia quelchii

Rare is relative, but these are seldom seen.

i got the 50 year old vft from BobZ in a trade , althought i'm not 50 years old . lol .

Heh heh.  The only plant i have that i've never heard of anyone else having is a Nepenthes x'Cantleyi'.    Strange because it's a hybrid of two fast growing plants.

VFT 'Fang'  
VFT 'Pink Venus'  
VFT 'Royal Red' (currently just slightly bigger than a strange quark).

Oh yeah... sort of have a hamata.
wink.gif
sad.gif

Stay tuned for some interesting new possible additions to the collection, though!

Back