What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random PLants

• Thread starter Wesley
  • Start date

Wesley

God must have an interesting sense of humor
Here are a few pics that I took while aquainting myself with my mom's macro. They aren't wonderfull cause I'm not very good with it yet. I had more, but they came out really bad. I put some more up when I get better with them.

P. Yucca Do 1717
121946270O049967894.jpg

My mango tree... err sapling
121946229O362824073.jpg

P. 'John Rizzi'
121946181O251053244.jpg

Very nice, especially the Yucca Do, nice color in that plant! Good work, and thanks for sharing. Did you grow the mango from seed?

after wondering what ive been doing wrong for 2 years, i found out 2 or 3 months ago that Yucca Do's are supposed to be tiny. if that wasnt a slap in the forhead moment
smile_n_32.gif

I cant see the mango seedlings, but the pings look good. I wish I could get my mango seeds to start. They are my favorite fruit!!

Yes, I did start the plant from seed. It was one of those, one in ten type things. I don't know how many I'd get started and then kill before I could get it to acclimate to my humidity lvls. According to what I've read online, mangos from seeds do not always turn out even CLOSE to the parent plant. I read one article where the Chinese grafted mangos for hundreds of years to perfect the flavor.:O

Yes, I love my yucca do. I've always had a thing for SMALL plants. I am working on my pygmy dews right now. I just have to get most of them outa dormancy... I accidentally let them dry out and they all went dormant
confused.gif
smile_h_32.gif

Back