What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I just moved again and will have to starting growing again...
I have a some spare sundew seeds available (I'll pay postage for free, but if you have stuff to trade back that is of course appreciated).  =]
basically, I had seeds of Drosera spatulata and what I am pretty sure was Drosera burmanni. Unfortunately after my move, the envelopes that they were in leaked and mixed and I now have no way of telling which of these tiny seeds is which. I don't want to waste them, and my eyes went sore from trying to count them, so i'll just say that I can give to 7 people, with somewhere between...30 and 80 seeds? It looks like a small amount but even if only 1/2 of them grow I think thats good enough especially for beginners as i think these are common plants?
They were both collected October of 2005, and the spatulata I planted immediately after collection already germinated.
So to the 1st 7 people who respond to this post ill send seed which is either one or both of D. spatulata/D. burmanni(?)

-Matt

posting here and sending pm

pm sent
smile.gif

pm sent

Got mine today. Then I sneezed. ;)

They look a lot like flea eegs you think he could be trying to start an epidemic? ;)

Thank you very much for the seeds. Any good germination starter tips? It looks like my need to be stratified.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

I just started up my collection again, so I haven't sown seed recently other that the D. spatulata right after flowering, which I sprinkled over live and dead sphagnum moss and they sprouted in both soil types. The D. burmanni I havent yet tried...

Got 'em in. Thanks dude.

-Rail

Back