What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rafflesiana x merilliana seedling

Here is the first pitcher this has put out in my care.
This is EP's cross of a large raff x there HUGE merilliana.
This seedling has an interesting pattern on the leaves that none of my other neps have.
I'm going to grow this out till the end of summer then I will have to get rid of it as it will be a huge nep. I wish I could grow this in my window but it didn't like it at all:(

PICS

rafflesianaxmerilliana.jpg

rafflesianaxmerilliana2.jpg

rafflesianaxmerilliana3.jpg

rafflesianaxmerilliana4.jpg

rafflesianaxmerilliana5.jpg

red pattern on the leaf

rafflesianaxmerilliana7.jpg

rafflesianaxmerilliana8.jpg

rafflesianaxmerilliana9.jpg

peace,
Zero

I like that! I have a bical x merr that's pretty neat too. Sucks you may have to get rid of it, but keep me in mind if that time comes.

Andrew

did you try acclimating it? i have a windowsill N. caesar, though no pitchers its sending out lots of new leaves. and both its parents a believe are lowlanders. though it might be because my plant is really large that it is accepting windowsill conditions. sorry you have to get rid of it, its a really nice plant

adnedarn, I have a bical x merr and a small (vent x sib) x merr that are growing well. They are working on there first pitchers in my care.
I'll keep you in mind when I decide to get rid of it.
dustin,
I had it in the window for a couple of months and it didn't pitcher at all.
merilliana likes true LL conditions and it seems this hybrid seems to like LL temps and humidity.

Wow, that's one heck of a hybrid! It really takes off of rafflesiana. I like that spotting on the leaf as well. :)

Holy bejeezus that merilliana is freaking HUGE!

Back