What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rafflesiana question

• Thread starter CPsam
  • Start date
I was wondering if repotting a N. rafflesiana into a much larger pot might have a similar effect as with bicalcarata. When i repotted my bical, it suddenly jumped in leaf and pitcher size. I did the same with my bical x rafflesiana and it also had a size jump. Does anyone know if this is the same with pure rafflesiana?

Thanks,
Sam

that happens with almost all lowlanders. They will become tree sized behemoths!

I think it kind of depends if the plant is pot bound or has been in the same planting media for awhile or not. If this is the case then giving it more room for root growth and fresh media will probably boost it's growth but if it isn't I don't think repotting it would do much. With Sarracenia I've heard that repotting often causes a growth spurt but I've never heard of it happening with Neps unless as stated before they were pot bound or had aging media. I guess either way repotting it into a larger pot couldn't hurt. Especially since raffs grow rapidly and even if it isn't pot bound now it probably will be soon. I just wouldn't go expecting a five inch raff to turn into a twelve inch raff over night just because you repotted it.

imma repot my plants; ALOT NOW, i hope my raff will recover from low humidiity :)

Back