What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Questions

today i placed my fly trap trio in my terrarium. i wanted to separate them and put them into different spots not so close. then i decided not to so as not to put em into shock. but when i took them out of their pot they fell out as 3 different plants, so i planted them seperately. will they go into shock, or are they 3 different plants anyway. Also how do u water vft's in a terrarium? how much wattage of a fluorescent light do i need, and what kind do u use or recommend.
mad.gif
(i'm not mad i just like the new smiley's) Can i put a N. Juddith Finn in the same terrarium?

my bad, i meant a N. sanguinea

It is highly likely that they will go into shock for awhile. For now, keep their media moist and the their atmosphere humid. A terrarium is agood place for them right now. After recovery, they do quite will, sitting in a container of ~1" distilled, etc.. water - without covering. Mine did very well last summer sitting on a window sill, even east facing, in a relatively dry laboratory. They mainly need a moist media, air circulation, and good lighting. It was when I thought I was doing it a favor, by covering it, to increase their humidity, that I ran into problems - smaller and blackening traps.
biggrin.gif

Back