What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Questions...

I now have N.Ventrata,Spectabilis,N.Bicalcarata

On the N.Ventrata the guy said it came from agriculture in Hawaii when I repotted it I didn't remove the peat mix since it seemed to doing really well in it on further inspection I noticed that it had worms in it just tiny ones the nep seems to be doing well enough..Should I remove the worms in the future or should I keep them in there?

On the Spectabilis during the day can I keep it as an intermediate? During night it's easy to give it a chill night but during the day is my only problem it fluctuates from 80-90 is this ok?

The N. Bical is set-up I live those fangs
smile.gif

N. spectabilis doesn't seem to mind the mid 80's they get during the summer months in my greenhouse. My humidity is pretty high with good air circulation.

Not sure what to make of the 'worms' you saw in your other plant. Could have been fungus gnat larvae. While usually not a problem they can cause damage in severe cases.
Tony

If they are really earthworms, I would say yes, that's a problem. They will disturb the roots of your plants, and probably cause problems in general. If they are smaller, like white fleas, then they are fungus gnats as Tony mentions. A lot of my plants had that when they were outdoors - not a big deal at all. The gnats get eaten when they grow up.
smile.gif

I Guess I'll have to remove them because they really are earthworms

Back