What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about d.binata

Hey cpers,
I was wonderin' which doseras can binata cross with? When they say that D.binata only can produce seed when crossed, do they mean crossed with another binata species or another separate species of sundew? If I can find a plant that is flowering at the same time then I might try it, but I am on the verge on taking the scissors to it before it spends any more time and energy making that flower. Plus da book says that 'it has an exhausting effect on the plant'. Bit like VFTs I suppose...

I don't know the identity of my binata, only that each leaf divides twice into the shape of an 'I'.

I shape? it sounds like a dichotoma to me.

Yes, you need two diff binata plants to cross to get seed on most binata. This would be tow plants that are not clones(genetically identical).

Cheers,

Joe

okay - its gonna be the scissors for this flower!
smile_m_32.gif
Thanks for the info
smile.gif

Might try it when I get two of different species flowering at the same time.
Say, I have heard that flowering can have exhausting efx on binatas, is this talking about seed production, or just flowering? Because if 'just flowering' won't hurt it I might want to take a peek or two at the flowers...
biggrin.gif
smile_m_32.gif

you can cross other members of the complex, like dichotoma, multifida

Back